Monday, December 04, 2006

How things would look if you're drunk....

Sorry folks, my camera is shit at night and I forgot to take pictures of the food because we were so hungry by the time we got to the the restaurant, Noboru, there was nothing on my mind except food :P

oh! almost forgot to say, I am doomed to never visit Chez Mounier :( Booked out. Will try again next weekend... Anyway, here are a few crappy pictures...

Christmas market in the dark:






Walking along rue Victor Hugo away from Perrache in the rain, rain, rain....



These were taken while trekking back to Allix from vieux Lyon because we missed the last funiculaire AND the last bus.... What a great, awesome, beautiful walk it was. It took roughly forty minutes, all uphill, and I'd never really quite looked at Lyon like I did that night and it was beautiful and it was everything I wanted it to be, and I remembered why I had come here....

2 Comments:

At 2:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just thought of something funny. You might be feeling a little down or home sick and all travelled out. But here in Melbourne, I and many others are living vicariously through your journeys, which is giving us information and opening our eyes to the world, expanding our minds beyond the coin of security-cum-prison of day to day routines in the same environment. It gives up enjoyment and lifts our hearts for a whole extended time in ways the net could not convey, perhaps even our persons cannot fully convey. You're our scout, you're our warrior, our champion, doing what we dare not and fulfilling some of our desires. So you deserve to be congratulated! Q

 
At 11:34 am, Blogger la la luce said...

oh what high expectations to live up to!

thanks Q, i keep thinking my blog is so depressing i'm scared to give it to the soon-to-be-exchange students that i've been in contact with in case i scare them off!

but yeah, as much as i complain, as much as i miss home, i wouldn't give this experience away for anything.. even my crappy pics remind me how lucky i am and how perfect life can be sometimes :))

love love

xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home