Thursday, November 30, 2006

Procrastinating...

There is actually no news over here except that I need to do an exposé (oral presentation) on a critique of an inquiry of violence against women in approximately four and a half hours and I am NOT ready!!!

Other not terribly interesting things:

- Lots and lots of colourful little wooden huts have sprouted at Perrache with not yet any sign of colourful little wooden people populating them... I suspect a market will grow soon and it is oh so pretty so I may be obliged to take pictures once again...

-December is month of festivals... but I can't remember them at the moment... lights.. lots of lights.. I think there will soon be a night when the whole of Lyon puts candles on their windowsills so the city is all lit up and pretty...

-Hopefully going to Chez Mounier this weekend...

-Oh! I forgot to tell you all about the Beaujolais Nouveau festival. Fun. Lots of drunken French people drinking b-grade wine all night... `

-I have butter and I have soup! Yay!

-I can't cook pho...

-New blog header thanks to my graphic designer Miss blu2lips

-Went to an asian grocery store last weekend looking for water chestnuts for Ling, except, I didn't know what water chestnuts are called in French, so I asked friendly looking man behind counter, he asked me if I could speak Chinese and I said Yes! so excitedly only to realise that three months of barely any Chinese has rendered me completely useless at decent communication with stranngers and I couldn't even remember how to say thank you and goodbye at the end so I said it in French :( shame shame shame...

-big sis didn't win any money on deal or no deal... oh well...

that's all for now folks, back to the slog..

lots of love

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home