Monday, November 06, 2006

Grenoble - no mountain too high, no river too wide

This is what happened in Grenoble:
I saw a mountain that looked like this:


so I went up in something that looked like this:
and the view from inside was like this:
and the view from the top like this:
and this:
and I went along a little path like this:
until I came upon a little cave like this:but inside it looked like this:

and I got scared, felt quite hobbit-like, almost ran back out the way I came, until I came to this:
and up the stairs I popped out to discover this:
and I felt like this:
I'm being lazy, I know. There was actually a lot more to the day spent in Grenoble. And a lot more photos too. But honestly, it's so hard to repeat those feelings. What I am finding harder and harder to accept is that I had an absolutely f*cking awesome time there, but I had no one to share it with. Not a single person to turn around to and say, "Man! That felt good!"
I mean, I don't want to repeat tourist brochures and tell you all the must see places.
I spent the day running down a bloody mountain. What more can I say?
I promise Nice will be a better entry.
I'm sick so I'm a little grumpy... but I still love you!

xx

4 Comments:

At 1:48 pm, Blogger Thuy Hoang said...

I feel like I've been transported back to grade 1 when, during the library hour, our librarian would tell us a story from a picture book.. something akin to this ;P

Get wellllllll.....

 
At 3:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Sounds like you're having a good time. And you're sharing it with us, thanks! Q

 
At 2:31 pm, Blogger la la luce said...

Yes blu, that's the idea! Gold star for you for picking up on that! I should write children's books.. probably will make more money than doing whatever it is that I will end up doing :P

and Q, thanks for reading!

xx

 
At 2:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, not a bad idea, travelog for children, so they have dreams of travel when they grow older. Who said journey stories have to be about fairy tales in false places? And the young want to travel just can't cos no money, this will have a big audience I think. And you do take damn good photos I must say. Do it Luce! - Q

 

Post a Comment

<< Home